This is the first time I have received a blog award – many thanks to standing in the storm for the nomination!
The word “Liebster” originates from the German word “liebste” which means “dearest”. The origin of this award is unknown, although several posts have suggested a German blog. The rules of this award had changed over the years although the underlying goal remains the same: to bring attentions to blogs that have not been discovered yet. In 2010, the rule was to pick 3-5 blogs that have less than 3,000 readers but recently, you list 10 blogs with less than 200 subscribers. It is quite a dramatic difference, but for the better. Wouldn’t a blog of 3,000 readers be established (or discovered) by then?
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. CHECK!
- Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Create 10 questions of your own.
- Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
Checking number 2 off…. The questions are:
1. Dragons or Mermaids?
Dragon. While both are mythical creatures, a dragon is a symbol of strength and protection, power and strength while a mermaid is known for its beauty. I would prefer to be able to protect rather than simply being a pretty vase.
This comparison reminds me of a viral article: mermaid and whale?
2. What’s your favourite colour and is there a back story?
All shades of purple.. lilac, violet.. lavender. I love lavender so much, maybe because it was in a shade of purple, that I took (or stole *gasp*) a stem of it from the Yorkshire Lavender Farm. Even though there is no more smell, it sits at the corner of my desk and I’ll smile every single time I look at it.
I like to find connections between things and I realised I probably have a purple aura as well…
“… People who have a predominant amount of purple in their Aura are seen as mysterious and secretive. … The Purple Aura individual does not have a wide circle of many friends. But the friends they do have are held close and are respected, admired and loved. People with a predominant purple Aura tend to be unlucky in love but once they have found their perfect soul mate are loyal and loving for life.”
Purple Aura by Alizons Psychic Secrets
I used to like pink because when I thought that was the right thing to do; girl love pink, guy love blue. Then, one day, I realised that anything in shades of purple attracts my attention.. and I fell in love with the colour. It happens! Now, I like to joke that if I found a guy I like as much as the colour purple.. well… I’ll just know. 😉
3. What made you decided to start blogging?
I started blogging because I typed faster than I write, and it was the trendy thing to do compared to a journal. Keeping it mainstream.
I remembered the exact date I started blogging. It was 1 Jan, 2005. I started with other blogs like MSN Live, Facebook and Blogspot, which was eventually privatised (or deleted) when I stuck with WordPress in Sept 2009. My initial reason for creating a WordPress account (smartest blogging decision to date) is to share my life while studying abroad with my friends and family back home in Malaysia. Later I found out a platform that brings bloggers together, so I stuck with WordPress even after I came back home.
4. How would you describe yourself?
Contented. Optimistic realist. I believe in the power of positive thinking. I find beauty in the simplest things; a clear blue sky, a smile from a passing stranger, the flower on the side walk, or a bird perching at a branch. In a world that sometimes hurt, I like to look for the silver lining among grey clouds.. because life is too short to live with regrets.
And I’m also a girl who really loves purple.
More about myself in my About the Author page.
5. Who’s your favorite Disney Villain (If you haven’t seen a Disney movie then animated villain)
To be honest, I never noticed villains in Disney stories. So I have none. There’s no true interpretation of who a villain is – it really depends on what you think.
This reminds me of an excerpt of One Tree Hill the series (nope, it is not Disney). A short recap of the series; Dan is the antagonist while Lucas is the protagonist.
LUCAS: Every kid wants to be Sherlock Holmes at some point.
DAN: Well, not me. I was always partial to Professor Moriarty.
LUCAS: You do realise he was the villain.
DAN: That’s one interpretation.
– One Tree Hill Season 2.
6. What was your first pet?
I never had a pet. Yes, it is a little sad. I’m a little afraid of animals with fur – especially dogs. When I was 8, I went to a friend’s house. She had conveniently forgotten to mention that she had 8 Rockwellers. I remembered when the dogs stood up on their hind legs, they were all taller than I am.
So that leaves fish and birds. It’s a little sad to see these animals enclosed in a little bowl or cage, isn’t it? They belong with the nature, wild and carefree.
7. What book are you reading right now?
I just finished A Hundred Names by Cecilia Ahern. Not to spoil anything, but I really love the warm and fuzzy feeling it gives as I read the last page of the novel. To me, a good book is mostly defined based on its ending. A good ending means that I’ll picked another book of the same author to read again. And I will definitely try more of CA’s book from now on. My next book is probably Time of Our Lives, as introduced by a good friend.
This is the first book I picked up after a being an avid fan of Jodi Picoult’s books. I really love JP’s writing that made me read all her books. Her amazing ability to string emotions into words struck a chord into my heart. Her stories were undeniably depressing as she daringly explores controversial issues like genetical modified babies, wrongful birth lawsuit, school shooting etc.
I started with My Sister’s Keeper and I read it so many times that and it made me tear up every single time. One particular phrase that stuck to me was the first paragraph of the epilogue:
“There should be a statute of limitation on grief. A rulebook that says it is all right to wake up crying, but only for a month. That after 42 days you will no longer turn with your heart racing, certain you have heard her call out your name. That there will be no fine imposed if you feel the need to clean out her desk; take down her artwork from the refrigerator; turn over a school portrait as you pass – if only because it cuts you fresh again to see it. That it’s okay to measure the time she has been gone, the way we once measured her birthdays.”
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
8. Has anything profound ever happened to you?
I may have been through a turmoil last couple of weeks. But then extraordinary things happen too, which proves that every cloud has its silver lining.
“There’s always going to be bad stuff out there. But here’s the amazing thing — light trumps darkness, every time. You stick a candle into the dark, but you can’t stick the dark into the light.”
― Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart
9. What your opinion on giving diamonds as gift?
A gift is only as precious as its giver.
10. What is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to you?
To point out one amazing thing is impossible. Extraordinary things are happening everyday. All I can say is when a door of opportunity closes, another opens. And the road to success are always under construction.
Checking number 3 off….The questions are
- What is the inspiration behind your blog name and title?
- What is the one quality you notice about people?
- What is the favourite post that you’ve written and why? (Link please!)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite quote and why?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What is the strangest dream you have?
- What is your ideal job?
- If you had superpowers for a day, what would you want to do?
- If you could, would you travel back in time to undo some of your mistakes?
Checking number 4 off….The nominees are:
- Little Girl Story http://littlegirlstory.wordpress.com/
- Dear Anonymous Friend http://dearanonymousfriend.wordpress.com/
- TEEHEEEEE http://clutchofinspirations.wordpress.com/
- Simply Miko http://thelegendarymiko.wordpress.com/
- JC Bride http://jcbridewrite.wordpress.com/
- The Lifestyle of an Urban Mum http://healthylivingwithlin.wordpress.com/
- On the Streets of Desire http://maimoonanalkhandedotcom.wordpress.com/
- Obsessive Compulsive Running http://joearlam.wordpress.com/
- Karma’s When I Feel Like to Blog http://karmardav.wordpress.com/
- Let me tell U a Story http://bublicksblog.org/
I decided to participate in the blog chain award because it’s fun! You should definitely try it (: