“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don’t really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren’t really an ending; some things are never-ending.”
― C. JoyBell C.
This year is inevitably coming to an end. In a couple of days, 2014 will take a final bow and give way to 2015. This can only mean one thing; year-end recap! 2014 marks the first full year of working (out of many many more years to come). As picture paints a thousand words, here are some of the many favourite and memorable moments of the year!
1. Went to offshore for the first time. The experience was definitely worth remembering, although I fell sick half of the time. At one point, I was the only female on the entire platform.
2. Saw a celebrity live. I happened to be in KLCC before the event and thought I’ll stay and join the fun.
3. Listened to Yiruma live, thanks to my brother. 🙂
4. Stayed for one night in MBS. I saw the vanishing pool — it was so cool.
5. Enjoyed photography. My awesome Powershot S95 turned 3 years old in mid June. 🙂
6. My blog turns 5 years old!
7. Watched Wang Lee Hom concert for the second time. The second time was as good as the first.
8. Went for three Malay weddings. Two out of three brides are pregnant (how time flies!) This picture was the last wedding I attended.
9. Participated in two 10 km run this year. Joining Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur & Penang Bridge International Marathon 10 km runs were a spur of a moment decision that inspired a new year resolution.
10. Visited Penang due to the PBIM and saw one of the most breathtaking view from the bridge.
11. Worked a full year. People who know me well know I remember dates, but one day I’ll stop counting.
12. Went for fish spa for the first time. It was tingly to feel the fishes eating away the dead skins!
13. I sat business class for the first time. I redeemed this using Enrich points that are expiring! Yes, I actually asked the air stewardess to take a picture for me 😉
14. I participated in Skytrex, an outdoor park with many obstacles, which made me…
15. Overcome my fear of height. Sort of. Baby steps.
16. Went for blood donation. Unfortunately, I couldn’t pump one full pint of blood due to prone blood clotting.
17. Friends’ birthdays all year round. May have missed a few, but went for 10!
18. Stayed in the city of Kuala Lumpur for 1 full year. I’ve been to the National Zoo, Dataran Merdeka, National Palace, Merdeka Stadium, KLCC and more!
19. Drove in KL. Driving is winning half the battle. The other half is parking.
In my first post of 2014, this blog will be the platform to express my creative nature, or the lack of it, and I did. I wrote some short stories that is worth reading and took photographs for the Weekly Photo Challenge (may have missed a few!). Feel free to read or enjoy the pictures. 😀
2014, thank you for being good to me.
So how was your 2014? What are your most memorable moments?