On Dec 7th 2013, my cousin M and I went to JJ Lin concert at Bukit Jalil stadium, KL. It was my first concert in Malaysia and boy, was I excited! Unlike M, I wasn’t a number 1 fan of JJ, but I enjoyed it just as much as she did! I’m glad I went with her, my special person for the day. HAHA 😀
Grand was definitely the right word to describe the performance, and definitely fitting to this week’s photo challenge.
Hello December! Notice the little snow sprinkles in our site?
It’s a blessing to live in a country with a wide variety of religions, we get to see the streets and shopping malls light up with beautiful decorations periodically. IThis picture below was the first Christmas decoration I’ve seen this year. When you see these decorations, slow down and admire the creative masterpieces around us.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Of all the trees most lovely!
Each year you bring renewed delight,
A-gleaming in the Christmas night.
–German Carol (“O Tannenbaum”)
Deepavali or Diwali
Early November, I was rudely distracted by the scenery outside my window. I had recently moved from my hometown where there are very few Hindus to KL, where Diwali is much celebrated and also a public holiday. The icing on the cake is the fireworks. How can anyone not be mesmerised by the sparks that light up the night sky.
Of All that’s Random
The source of light captured through a moon jellyfish (aurelia aurita). It follows the colour of the light shone into the tank. What’s light if there’s nothing to capture it? Well, technically light just passed through its translucent body… still beautiful nonetheless
When I was young I used to admire the large decorative fixture mounted on the ceiling. And ever since I had a camera, I had taken pictures of them; as though the magic is captured through the lens.
1) You need to go over to your boyfriend/girlfriend house. There are two roads to get there. One is straight path which takes you there quickly but is very plain and boring .The other is curvy and full of wonderful sights on the way, but takes quite a while to reach your loved one’s house. Which path do you choose?
2) On the way you see two rose bushes. One is full of white roses. The other is full of red roses. You decide to pick 20 roses for your boyfriend/girlfriend. Which colour combination do you choose?
a) Only red
b) Only white
c) Half and half
d) More red than white
3) You finally get to your boyfriend/girlfriend’s house You ring the bell and the maid answers. You can ask the maid to please get your loved one, or you may go get them yourself. Which action do you take?
a) Ask the maid
b) Do it yourself
4) Now you go up to your girlfriend’s boyfriend’s room. No one is there. You can leave the roses by the window sill or on the bed. Where do you put them?
a) On the bed
b) Near the window
5) Later, it is time for bed. You and your loved one go to sleep in separate rooms. You wake up in the morning and go to his/her room to check up on him/her. You enter the room: is he/she awake or sleeping?
6) It is time to go home now, and you start to head back. You can take either road home now. The plain boring one that gets you home fast, or the curvy, sight-filled road hat you can just casually take your time with. Which road do you choose?